Monday, January 2, 2012

My Little Cake Shop

Hi Everybody!

So I didn't end up making any more macarons this weekend, I'm going to wait until i can get a candy thermometer and do it all exactly. However i did want to share something with you all.

Now, I haven't mentioned this before, but a few years ago (2007/08 to be exact), i studied Visual Arts & Contemporary Craft at TAFE (aka Technical College for my non-Australian readers), Certificates 3 and 4. I took ceramics as one of my units, and in the first year we had to do a whole range of experiments on texture, colour, moulds, other materials we could include, and how it all changed after going in the kiln. And would you believe it, I kept all mine in the same theme: CAKE SHOP!

I only just remembered I had done them today when a photo popped up on my screen-saver of them. So I have decided to share them with you...

Board one full of experiments, including lots of cupcakes.














Board two featuring lots of cookies

Cupcakes before going in the kiln

Cookies before the kiln

and all my cakes after the kiln!
There were so many!!!

The 'chocolate' stayed choc, 'strawberry' faded a little, but the yellow? it turned orange!
Loved how my cookies turned out though!

No comments:

Post a Comment