Monday, December 26, 2011

OMG, No way! Isn't That.......

I have been lucky enough over the past couple of years to see and also meet some famous celebrity chefs. One of my favourite events each year is the Perth leg of the Good Food & Wine show, held at the Perth Convention Centre. I go with my mum each year, sometimes other join us, sometimes its just her and I. Its a great day out - if you have never been before, they are held in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane every year.

In 2010, I met Tobie Puttock and got him to sign his latest book, 'Italian Local'. I am a big fan of Tobie, after first seeing our Aussie lad on my all-time favourite chef Jamie Oliver's TV show many years ago (2002 to be specific!). I have hated myself ever since that day in 2010 as it was the one time I didn't take a camera with me!!! :( :( :(
 
 
In 2011, at the Next Food & Wine Festival, I got to meet Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris, of MasterChef fame. I also got them to signed their collaborative book 'Your Place or Mine?'
 
 

At the 2011 show,  I also saw Marion Grasby, from MasterChef series 2, and she was nice enough to take a photo with us.
We also watched Matt Moran who made a surprise appearance at Gary and George's Celebrity Theatre show, and Alistair Mcleod who played host.

I cant wait for 2012! It will be a while yet till the Celebrity Guests are announced, but its worth the wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment